E-Commerce Website Development Cost in India in 2023
Businesses have changed a lot in recent years. With the increase in the number of active internet users, taking businesses online is the best decision to make. Whether you already have an established business that sells products or you might have had an idea of building one, an e-commerce website can be the best tool to boost revenue.
Now, creating an e-commerce website is not an easy task to do. It has a lot of technical aspects and requires high developmental skills that common people will not be able to do on their own. Here we are going to talk about some of the most important aspects of building an e-commerce website and give you an overview of the cost for e-commerce website development.
For the impatient ones, here’s a quick overview of the cost.
E-commerce Website Cost Overview:
|₹800 to ₹1,300
|₹500/month to ₹2,500/month
|₹2,000 to ₹6,000
|₹3,000 to ₹8,000
|₹15,000 to ₹30,000
|Payment Gateway Integration
|₹3,000 to ₹5,000
|starts from ₹20,000 per year
As we can see in the table, to develop a moderate level e-commerce website it will cost you around ₹25,000 to ₹50,000 in India. As your website grows in size, the number of products, pages, and functionality, the price for e-commerce website may even go up.
Read on if you want to know the details.
Factors Affecting E-commerce Website Cost:
Domain & Hosting –
Domain and hosting are the first things that include into eCommerce website design cost. Domain refers to the name of the website like www.yourdomain.com and hosting is the virtual space where all your website data will be stored.
Domain name can cost you around ₹800 – ₹1,300 per year.
Hosting plan would be around ₹500/month to ₹2,500/month on average.
An attractive-looking e-commerce website attracts more audiences and helps generate more revenues. You can choose free templates and themes to design the website but we highly recommend going for paid templates as they offer a lot of functionality and the template code is more standardized for faster performance.
Logo design cost would be around ₹4,000 to ₹10,000.
Website theme cost would be around ₹3,000 to ₹8,000.
Live Chat Feature –
The live chat feature gives your website an edge over your competitors. It creates the reliability of your brand among the audience and provides them with a unique and user-friendly experience. Live chat might increase your eCommerce website price, which you can start free otherwise.
You can start for FREE using Tawk
CONTENT IS KING. Just uploading pictures of products on your website is not enough. A proper, well-written product description is a must. You have to provide all the necessary information about each of your products. It will give you the biggest benefit among all and it’s a one-time investment in eCommerce cost in the long run.
Depending upon the size of your website, number of pages, and products, it may vary a lot. But at least the cost would be ₹200 per unique product.
Payment Gateway Integration
Payment Gateway integration is an essential step for any e-commerce website. It helps customers to pay for the products using mediums like UPIs, Credit/Debit cards, Net Banking, PayPal, etc.
Integration cost would be around ₹3,000 to ₹5,000.
Website Maintenance –
The process doesn’t end after successfully developing a website, its your shop online where you need to keep updating your products, change the images to enhance look and feel and for that you have to do regular updates to keep it active. It will be a yearly cost of eCommerce website.
In India website maintenance cost starts from ₹20,000 per year but if you need frequent support & updates on the website then it may start from ₹5,000 per month
Essential Features That an E-commerce Website Should Have:
What are the most important features that an e-commerce website should have? Let’s take a look.
- It should look attractive and eye catchy so that it grabs the user’s attention. Using good themes will make your website look more alive.
- The website navigation should be user-friendly. The more complex your website is, the more people will lose interest in it and it will increase the bounce rate and affect sales and revenue in a negative manner.
- As per the research, almost 70% of a website traffic comes from mobile devices. So, a mobile-friendly website will bring your e-commerce website more traffic and more sales.
- An e-commerce website has thousands if not lakhs of customers and it has to deal with a lot of important customer information like name, address, mobile number, debit/credit card details, emails, etc. So, keeping your customer’s data secure online is highly essential and that’s why a good e-commerce website should have advanced security features in it.
- Payment gateways integration to collect payment online from customers using mediums like UPIs, Credit/Debit cards, Net Banking, PayPal, etc.
Why Hire Innovination?
Ok, so we have told you about the price, but why should you work with us?Here are a few reasons:
- Delivered more than 100 e-commerce websites from different niches.
- We work with only the best and time-tested technologies like Woocommerce & Shopify so that our customers always stay ahead of the competition
- Pocket-friendly pricing – Get the best services without burning a hole in your pocket. We believe that we can win only if our customers win.
- Website usage training & growth tips worth Rs. 50,000/- absolutely FREE. – Yes, you read that right. We provide access to our online training materials where you’ll not only learn how to manage your website but even tips on how you can manage and grow your e-commerce business. Check it out here.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which is the Best E-commerce Platform?
There are a lot of e-commerce platforms, and all of them are quite good. They all have good features, pricing, and other functionalities which help you build a great website. Some of the best platforms are –